> District Home > Campus Home > Sitemap > Translate
It's a GREAT day to be a Bulldog!
Edgewood High School-
Food Science Course Syllabus
Teacher: Ms. Guill Room 215
Contact Information: 903-896-4223 ext-8112
Course Description: . In Food Science, students conduct laboratory and field investigations, use scientific methods during investigations, and make informed decisions using critical thinking and scientific problem solving. Food Science is the study of the nature of foods, the causes of deterioration, the principles underlying food processing, and the improvement of foods for the consuming public.
Knowledge and Skills:
Exploring Food Science
The Food Science Laboratory
Fundamentals of Chemistry
The Microbiology of Food
The Science of Nutrition
Work is due on the assigned date. Late work: 30 points off for the first day, 50 points off the second day, and the third day work will not be accepted. Make-up work is the responsibility of the student and should be obtained upon returning to school. If you are absent you need to find your work in the missed class bin.
The following grading scale will be used:
Daily work & Quizzes: 40%
Supply List for Food Science:
1.Spiral Notebook ( any color)
2. 3 Brad/Prong folder (any color)
3. Blue or black ink pens/pencils
1. Be on time, on task, and prepared to learn EVERYDAY.
2. Respect the teacher, the classroom, other students, and yourself.
3.Be responsible for your own learning.
4. Clean up after yourself and your peers.
5. Keep all personal electronics PUT AWAY.
1. Everyone retrieve their journals once they enter the room.
2.All students should be seated once the bell rings.
3. Students should answer the bell ringer in their journal for that day.
4.Write your name and the date on all assignments,notes, and projects.
5. All finished or missed work will be places in the back of the room in the designated bins.
Edgewood High School
804 E. Pine
Edgewood, TX 75117
Phone: (903) 896-4856
Fax: (903) 896-4306
Copyright © Edgewood Independent School District 2016